Google analytics tag

Horizontal ad 3

Tuesday 9 July 2024

An elephant in my dreams

 Hello, I've been catching up on posting my paintings from my water color journal here: 



I had a dream last in October 2022. Where I was exploring an abandoned city with a former classmate. There was a huge old barn like structure with buildings inside.

Everything was old, worn out and abandoned. When you entered these buildings. The hallways were extremely narrow, enough for just one person at a time. That classmate was leading me around. We were looking for something. The overall mood felt very adventurous. Like some sort of expedition.

We came upon a few apartments that were extremely crammed and tiny. I remember thinking, how did people live here? I then entered a bedroom, and everything looked old and worn out.

Except for a stuffed animal elephant, with universe print fabric. This elephant instantly drew my attention. I intuitively felt it didn't belong and wanted to be taken out of it's current environment. I decided to take it with me and put it in my bag. I felt like I was reclaiming something precious and maybe that's what I was looking for in the dream.

Throughout the day, I kept thinking about the elephant and environment. I enjoy journaling about my dreams and interpreting the messages in them. Some how, I didn't want to forget this elephant. So it lead me to creating this painting with water color and water color pencil crayons.

#dream #elephant #watercolor #painting


No comments:

Post a Comment