Tuesday 2 April 2019

Neverland map Part 2!

So after taking some time to get the modeling texturing and rendering out here is what I did!








I wanted to go for a toy, cartoony look so I kept the models relatively simple and kept the colors bright and happy. 

The island started off as a Maya model which I later imported into zbrush to give it a more organic look. I was originally planning to use Houdini height field for the map. However I found that because I was going for a cartoon stylized look. I decided to stick with zbrush. 

The colors have also been done in zbrush spot light tool, to get the more textured parts. As for the simpler parts that only have flat color I used Maya colored shaders. 

I had a lot of fun building this little world and would love to improve upon it. Coming from a background as a background painter, I really enjoy creating worlds, makes me feel like a kid playing with Lego all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment