Google analytics tag

Horizontal ad 3

Saturday 24 August 2024

Female monster design

 This is another older commission that I realized i never shared on here, as I was busy at the time. So I have been going through older work and updating it on my blog. 

 This was for the book series "The League of Elder" by Ren Garcia.

 I was faced with the task of creating a tall lanky female monster. The context was: They are demons from the plane of chaos. They have no face , just a great, leading mouth full of sharp teeth and a long tongue 


Enter
Ren

So here was my initial rough sketch. I did a low angle view to really show the height of the monster and a Dutch angle on the ground to make it look more dynamic. Going with a creepy ballerina model theme. 






Here I blocked out the colors and textures 




In the finished piece, I added some lighting and more texture on the character. Its not my first horror design. Though it's always interesting making the monster look feminine, elegant and scary at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment