Google analytics tag

Horizontal ad 3

Sunday 25 August 2024

Children's Book Art

  Some more older work I did for the book series "The league of Elder" by Ren Garcia. This time the job was a children's book. I was working with pre existing characters in the book series. That I got to redesign the characters in my style. As well as the environments. The page layouts, pencils, inks, colors and textures are all done by me in photoshop. 

Here I'll show some of my process from rough to finish. 



Page 1




The establishing shot with the emphasis on the door and the character's reactions. The characters live high up in a big tree that is located on another planet. 


Page 2











For the page 2 final. I realized the character was way too dark. So adding the creamy colored apron nicely framed the foreground character. 


Page 3











I enjoyed working on this piece as I go to use more color variations. As well as show a variation of environments and props. 

Page 4







My initial idea was to show just the characters. But by adding the shadow of the old lady really brings her into the scene. As well as emphasizing the atmosphere of her angerly towering over the other characters. 

Page 5






Here I had everything in the scene point to the little girl. Raising the grandma's arm made for a stronger pose.


Page 6







Like with the previous scene. I made sure to keep the shadow of the grandma in the scene. 


Page 7










Here I got to show a bit more of the environment outside of the tree house.


Page 8










Emphasizing a new day and lighter atmosphere as the character returns. 


Page 9











Here I have a pulled out establishing shot that I'm pleased with. Establishing the area and the next day. 


Page 10






Here is an introduction of different characters and the prepared little girl. 


Page 11





Showing a lighter atmosphere in the character's bedroom. 
You can view this project and others on my website here













No comments:

Post a Comment