Tuesday 19 February 2019

Modelling frog creatue design part 1

For my modelling class, I am working on a creature design. I always wanted to model a frog. Now surprise fort those who know me.it's one of my favorite animals.

I started with collecting lots of reference and I decided I will be basing my design after a green tree frog. I started modeling from a sphere in z brush and just getting the basic pose and shapes.


Part of the project is to create a made up creature. So I took the liberty in adding tails for my frog.



Then I just worked on the hands and feet as well as refining the shapes.


 Working in many views helps in order to get the views or your creature looking the correct. I created subtools for the eyes.

I wanted this creature to be a mix of butterfly and tree frog so I added some wings as well as fins at the ends of the tails.




I added some bumpy texture for the skin to give the creature more realism.



Now to finish my re-topology and I am off to texturing and colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment